Monday, July 16, 2012

I <3 Thrifting Day!

All I can say is wow!  I remember summer as a child being so . . . well lazy.  Filled with play, the pool, camping, and lots and lots of book reading.  When did summer get so  . . . full?  I think I had this mistaken idea that I was going to be able to slow down this summer just like I remembered as a child.  Boy was I wrong.  

I was able to squeeze in a day of thrifting with Rhoda {Southern Hospitality} and other lovely ladies for I Love Thrifting Day!  It was a lot of fun! 

I-Love-Thrifting-Day_thumb1
source:  :  Southern Hospitality

No, I’m not pictured above.  Why?  I was already getting my thrift on.  Hey, some of these ladies are pro’s! 

Here is where Rhoda found me . . . . schlepping my buggy around. 

021_thumb
source Southern Hospitality

Here is what I found:

lbd I heart thrifting 001

Not very exciting.  I had better luck last year I think.  In fact most of this actually came from the first stop.  I think my problem was that I had a list. 

The stroller is for a church donation.  I’m not even sure why I bought the strainers.  I just thought they had a neat look.  I thought they might make cool storage baskets or I could use them for blanching vegetables for canning. 

lbd I heart thrifting 002

The books are classics Kipling novels, and of course Star Wars toys.  And a practically new Joey & Rory cd that I have been thinking about buying.  I found it for $2.  And even better is that it has a song with Zac Brown on it.   I think I spent less than $15 for everything.  The biggest deal was the books.  They were 4 for a $1.00!  I can’t remember what the price per book was, but you had to get 4 to get them at that price.  So another thrifter threw in her book so we would  get the sales price!  What a deal! 

There where a lot of fun and odd things this time around.  I didn’t even get a picture of my favorite find.  I really wanted to bring it home, but I knew that if I did that would be the end of my thrifting days.  It was this weird college of Elvis pictures that had been printed onto a wooden frame.  I was also surprised to see one of these hanging around.  I wonder if you could get phone service on this?  Wouldn’t that be hilarious? 

lbd I heart thrifting 003

If you go to Rhoda’s post you can see more.

I was hoping to go to some yard sales this summer, but so far that hasn’t happened.  It’s just too hot!
 
Shared on:
SouthernHospThriftyTreasures copy_thumb

5 comments:

Pregnantly Plump said...

We haven't been able to find any good deals this summer. I think it's because I have something specific in mind.

lisa said...

I think I read a quote from Mr. Goodwill Hunting on The Frugal Homemaker about how to have good thrifting trips. I can’t find it now, but it was something like look for good finds, and not just specific items because if you do there won’t be any there. And to buy the things that you would want to pass down, and not just horde items. Something like that. Last year I really needed a cupboard, and finally found one on Craigslist. This year I was hoping for bookcases. I guess it’s back to Craigslist.

Lainey-Paney said...

I love thrifting!

Dana from Our Life's Legacy said...

It was so nice meeting you on I Love Thrifting Day! I'm your newest follower :)

Dana from Our Life's Legacy said...

It was nice meeting you that day, and thrifting with other thrifters is always more fun :) I'm your newest follower!